Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Energy Conservation

In an attempt to lower our monthly outgo of finances, we've been teaching the kids about energy conservation. Particularly turning off lights, which they are terrible about. Rudy had the great idea to print little stickers to put over each light switch in the house to remind them. I've included on the stickers a picture of a smiley face turning off a light so even Matthew can understand them. Lori colored each smiley green and Katlyn put a dab of glow in the dark paint on each one just for fun! We also discovered that we have over 25 light switch panels in our house. This does not include lights that are inside closets.

Amber, I'm bringing extras to park day next week if you want some!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a cool idea!!!! I sure hope little Dusty shows back up. After being on craigslist and animal shelter sites (just for fun) I'm a total believer in microchipping and spay/neuter. Lets hope he comes home soon.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Great idea!

Is it working?

Ironically, in our house, the kids aren't the problem with turning out lights...it's hubby! John will go into the closet, or outside at night..and leave the light on.
Notes wouldn't work, though. He'd just igore them. In fact he doesn't evne LOOK at the light switch when using them.

Gotta figure some clever idea for reminding him about energy conservation. Got any ideas?